“Mentoring is a brain to pick, an ear to listen, and a push in the right direction.” John C. Crosby
If you are looking for a new career challenge that will allow you to showcase your leadership skills and mentor others to successfully learn and grow professionally, we are looking for individuals to apply as mentors for the ILEAD USA program.
ILEAD USA mentors play a critical role in the program by working directly with a team of iLeaders as they learn new skills and develop a project designed to address specific needs in their community. In this role, mentors will:
- Foster team building
- Share expertise
- Act as a sounding board
- Provide guidance and support
- Facilitate communication among all team members
Mentors will attend all in-person sessions alongside their team (March 26-28, June 18-20, and October 22-24, 2013), as well as the online intersessions and team meetings in order to provide guidance and feedback.
In return, selected mentors will have the opportunity to work with Colorado innovators as they address community needs, network with library leaders across 5 states and hone their own leadership skills.
Apply now to help shape the next generation of library leaders!
The Colorado Talking Book Library celebrates their volunteers Saturday Dec 1st. Our theme for this year’s Volunteer Appreciation Brunch is “Above and Beyond” as we celebrate the many ways our volunteers have supported our mission. The event is held at the Lakewood Country Club and Tina Gugeler will provide the lovely sounds of the hammered dulcimer.
We honor twelve people who have volunteered for CTBL for five years, two volunteers for ten years of service, three people for fifteen years, three people for twenty years and very special recognition is given to Ted Schmidt for his twenty-five years of volunteering with the Pioneers Talking Book Machine Repair project.
A big thank you goes out to all our volunteers who go above and beyond every week at CTBL!
- Network with other emerging leaders
- Give that career a boost
- Low-risk and high-return on experience — by experimenting hands-on with tech tools
- Absorb leadership skills and lessons
- Learn how to better engage with your community
Sound promising? Continue reading ‘Become an iLeader!’
Do you reach out to parents of very young children (ages 0-3)?
If so, please help us by telling us about your program and any research you are conducting. Go here to find out more about our grant research and share your own experiences and successes.
The Colorado State Library is looking for a dynamic and innovative leader to join the Network and Resource Sharing team as a Technology Consultant.
- Are you a CMS master eager to bend content management systems (including Plinkit (Plone), WordPress, and Drupal) to your will?
- Are you a technology enthusiast eager to share information, provide training, and recommend best practices for using technology to enhance library services?
- Are you a creative spirit with the skills needed to develop, design, and deliver training in a variety of formats including in-person and online?
- Do you have a passion for customer service and enjoy collaborating with others?
- Are you organized and able to juggle several projects at the same time?
- Are you interested in seeing more of the beautiful state of Colorado?
We want you to submit an application for this exciting position!
Part of the Colorado Department of Education, the Colorado State Library is a vibrant organization dedicated to providing leadership, expertise and training to libraries statewide to help libraries provide the best quality service to all Colorado residents.
If you are interested in joining us at the Colorado State Library, you can view the full job posting and application procedures on the Colorado Library Jobline
Join us for the sixth in a rousing series of webinars covering selected EBSCO databases. Your brain will thank you, as will your pocketbook, because NO TRAVEL is involved for this continuing education event!
Readers’ Advisory and Teaching with Books
Tuesday, Dec. 4th @ 11:00 am
Register today: http://tinyurl.com/lynx-webinar6
This session gives an overview of what NoveList is, and highlights the features designed to make searching more intuitive and reading recommendations easier to obtain. We will also explore other areas of NoveList to include Teaching with Books, author read-alikes, book discussion guides, reading lists and more.
Want to know the latest secret to staff ROI (return on investment)?
Encourage your staff members to apply for this intensive and immersive experience. Here’s how your investment in their development will reap benefits for your library:
- Learning new technologies brings that expertise back to YOUR organization
- Connecting with staff in other libraries extends and enhances professional networks and inter-library collaboration
- Exposure to leadership, project management and other soft skills pays off with better planning, development and implementation in YOUR library
- Engagement with experts (mentors, instructors, keynote speakers) promotes innovation
Continue reading ‘Encourage Your Staff to Apply for ILEAD USA!’
On Tech, a consulting firm the Colorado State Library has contracted with for e-rate services will be hosting a series of interactive online meetings open to Colorado libraries regarding technology in your library.
On Tech will briefly share information and trends about how libraries in other states are handling technology issues, but these meetings are intended for Colorado libraries to participate and to share what they are doing. What is working and what is not.
The meeting schedule is as follows: Continue reading ‘Upcoming Colorado Libraries Technology Teleconferences’