60% is the magic number!
A magic percentage for public libraries, really. “How is it magic,” you ask. It is the response rate each state must reach in order to have state-level reports from the National Survey of Public Library Funding and Technology Access (PLFTAS). Reports like the State Briefs found here.
Want to be part of the magic?
This survey provides important information about computer and Internet resources and infrastructure, as well as funding, technology training, and other uses of public libraries, such as providing public access technology centers in their communities. The data from this study has been used in many influential ways, including:
- U.S. Supreme Court decision regarding the Children’s Internet Protection Act
- U.S. Statistical Abstracts (PDF)
- MSNBC’s “Libraries Lend a Hand in Tough Times”
- NPR’s “Digital Challenges for U.S. Public Libraries”
- U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services report “Catalyst for Change: LSTA Grants to States Program Activities and the Transformation of Library Services to the Public” (PDF)
Have questions, need more information? Please call 301-405-9445 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for survey support. Survey administrators monitor the support e-mail account from 9 AM – 5 PM (ET), Monday through Friday.
For other information and updates, you call follow the survey/report on Twitter.